Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Gluten-Free Finds

Yummy new products!

Click the picture to see a larger size.

On the left is a box of Dark Chocolate Dreams packets from Peanut Butter & Co.  They are perfect for on the go snacking, or to throw in a lunch box with apple slices.  My mom sent these to me in a care package and I have been taking them to work with me. 

The fig cookies on the right are from Jovial, a new company that I haven't tried before.  I went to a Celiac support group meeting last week at Pizza Fusion in Fort Myers, and received these cookies and some brown rice pasta samples.  Well, I can assure you, if you miss Fig Newtons as much as I do, you will love these!  A little more cakey than true Fig Newtons, but the taste is all there.  I haven't tried the pasta yet but will report back! (Casein-free)


I've been a huge fan of ThinkThin bars since getting diagnosed with Celiac because they are so easy.  I used to always carry one in my bag in case of emergencies, and now they have made it even more convenient!  These are the 100 calorie bite bars.  They have a few different flavors, but I have always liked the cookies and cream ones.

Isn't the Smooze package so cute?  I first had a taste of these at the South Florida Gluten-Free Food Expo in West Palm Beach.  They are creamy little frozen treats with tropical flavors.  I picked up a box of the Coconut & Passion Fruit flavor, and they are delicious.  (Dairy-free)


I was surprised how good these chips are!  They are by a brand I hadn't heard of before, Flamous, and are specifically made for hummus.  The scent is very roasted chickpea-y, and they have serious crunch (but not the kind that rips up the roof of your mouth...ugh, hate that!).  The chips were such a good pair with my hummus today at lunch...I'm thinking about going back and buying the rest of the bags at the store!  (Dairy-free)

And here's the best part...several of these products were bought at my local HomeGoods store!  You can score tons of great gluten-free foods there.  The ThinkThin bars, Smooze, falafel chips, and some agave syrup (not pictured) were all purchased at HomeGoods.  What a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment