Friday, July 8, 2011

Quickie Post: What I'm Into Right Now

Just a few things that I have been looking into!

Veggies
I have been mostly eating vegetarian lately!  When Matt goes out of town for work, I am just totally uninterested in cooking meat, which has ended up being a great thing!  Stuffed mushrooms, squash soup, cashew fried rice...everything has been so tasty and so much healthier.  I made portobello quesadillas one day that were so delicious that I've been craving them since!

Fruit
Apples, guys.  It's all about apples.  While I try to eat a good amount of fruit (I've always been more of a veggie fan, but I'll never turn down a mango), it's a conscious effort.  I read recently in a magazine (and here in this article) that apples can help prevent colon cancer so I've been eating one a day.  Specifically Pink Lady and Red Delicious!

Books

It's great.  Seriously.  Matt's brother, Graham, recommended it to me and he even refers to it as The Bible.   It is a great reference guide along with cookbook.









I love Filipino food (yum and yum) and this has been a great source of inspiration for me lately.  There is even a recipe for soda adobo.  I am so there.










Blogs
Maangchi
Korean food instructional videos!  Now I am really hungry.

Gluten-Free Dirt Cheap
Just found this one...seems good so far!

http://www.college-masevaux.org/menus.htm  Not a blog but an amazing inspiration source.  This is a menu of the lunches from a school in France.  Use Google's document translator for the PDF.  This will make you cry about America's current school lunches. (If you are further interested in international lunches, like I weirdly kind of am, here is an article from Time about French school lunches and a video clip of a piece from CBS, and a photo list of lunches from 20 countries around the world).

No comments:

Post a Comment