Monday, May 2, 2011

Slow Sunday

I am pretty sure that this was one of my laziest weekends, by far.  I can't count my wimpy counter-wipedown as actual cleaning, and I'm nearly positive that daydreaming and napping aren't very productive either.  In fact, my only accomplishments were reading three books and picking up another that I have been off and on reading for a while now. Also, I did a lot of list writing.

And a lot of non-cooking.  You know, when you sort of cook but sort of don't at the same time.  The kind of cooking in which you do one or two steps, then sit around being lazy for a bit longer. 



Drink sweet tea and soak skewers.  Productive non-cooking.



Make a marinade with basically whatever you have on hand.  San-J soy sauce, honey, garam masala, cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne, and (not pictured) a bit of orange juice will make a sweet marinade with warm spices.  Great non-cooking, just throw it all into a container with cut up chicken and let it hang out for a while.  Skewer the chicken and throw it on the grill or in the toaster oven on broil (my method).  Turn them when they start to brown.


Non-cooking 101: Cube a couple sweet potatoes, toss them in a pot of water, and boil for about twenty minutes.  Mash the crap out of them and add in a bit of butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  No true cooking skills needed here at all. You can go to the extreme and cook some rice with garlic slices if you want.

Yeah, there is totally a piece of chicken missing on that skewer.  Taste test!!!

Slap it all onto a plate and you're set up with a pretty tasty, easy, lazy Sunday meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment