Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Gluten-free Dairy-free Chocolate Microwave Cake!

Yep!  Microwave cake!

I found this recipe while going through my gigantic stack of cooking magazines, some nearing a year old.  I tear out all the recipes/ideas I like and collect them in a folder for reference.  This recipe was in a section of Ten Minute Desserts, and when I saw it (re-saw it?) I decided to make it immediately!   The recipe is easy and quick, and chances are, you have all the ingredients already in your kitchen like I did.

1/4 c Gluten-free Flour (I used the Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Flour that I mentioned in my Gluten-free Deals post)
5 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tbsp milk (I used almond milk, making this recipe dairy-free!)
3 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
a small pinch of salt
1 drop vanilla extract

Before and after cooking!

Whisk all these ingredients together in a big mug (I used one of my favorite soup bowls) and microwave for 2 minutes.  Take it out and stick a fork or skewer through it; if it comes out gooey, add another 30 seconds.

This cake is kind of plain, so I added some yogurt (yummy La Creme Vanilla, definitely a dessert yogurt!) and a cute Rainer cherry.

No comments:

Post a Comment