Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Product Review: A Taste of Thai


I made sure to provide a close up in case you didn't believe your eyes: gluten-free fortune cookies.  And they are amazing.

I guess I should really begin by talking about the company, A Taste of Thai.  I always find their products at Target stores, and they are super inexpensive.  According to their Product Facts sheet, nothing contains gluten, and they are reduced sodium.  They make a ton of different products; along with their quick meals, I am also a huge fan of their rice noodles.  The quick meals come in several flavors, and I just found these fortune cookies today.

I bought the quick meals in two flavors, Peanut and Yellow Curry.  The peanut flavor has been my favorite for a while now, mainly because I miss the tasty peanut sauce I used to get at Vietnamese restaurants.  I use my San-J Thai Peanut sauce all the time, but when I don't want to soak rice noodles, the Taste of Thai quick meal peanut noodles are perfect.  You simply pour one cup of water into the empty box, add the ingredients, and microwave for three minutes.  Take it out and let it sit, closed, for one minute and it's ready.  Great for lunch at work, or if you are too tired to cook at the end of a long day.

This was my first time trying the yellow curry noodles and they are pretty good too!  I love how you can really taste the sweetness of the coconut milk and the warmth of the curry.  I really want to try Coconut Ginger flavor but have yet to find it.

The fortune cookies are seriously out of this world.  I never thought I would find something like these.  Have you ever had one of those gluten-free "discovery moments"?  I become over-the-moon excited when I see a new gluten-free product and it totally makes my day.  These fortune cookies are my latest favorite product find, and I think everyone should try them as soon as possible!  They are individually wrapped and about an inch and a half long, and kind of look like mini cannolis.  They contain coconut milk, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, egg, black sesame seeds, and salt. They are so crispy and delicious, and the fortunes are adorable.  These would be perfect for a gluten-free kid's lunch, heck they are perfect for my gluten-free adult lunch!

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I had seen those fortune cookies at Target and wondered how they were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coconut so I may be a bit biased, but they were so good I had a hard time putting them back in the pantry!

    ReplyDelete